Faculty of Arts Learning and Teaching Committee
The major role of the Faculty of Arts Learning and Teaching Committee (FoALTC) is to foster the development of research-inspired, evidence-based and student-focused learning and teaching practices. The FoALTC reports to the Faculty Board and the Senate Learning and Teaching Committee (SLTC). The FoALTC also reports on initiatives to members of staff and students via its representative membership and regular reports and articles on the Faculty of Arts Learning and Teaching Hub. In the case of major initiatives, it will also conduct briefings with Heads of Department, and, where appropriate, special reports at departmental meetings.
Terms of Reference
- To foster the collaborative development of research-inspired, evidence-based and student-focused learning and teaching practices that align with the goals of the University.
- To exchange and disseminate information on departmental, faculty and university learning and teaching innovations, policy development and change.
- To advise the Executive Dean and Associate Dean Learning and Teaching on priority areas for quality enhancement in learning and teaching activities.
- To assist the Faculty of Arts Standards and Quality Committee in the development of appropriate qualitative and quantitative indicators of performance in learning and teaching activities that will be used by departments in a routine development cycle of reflection, innovation, monitoring and feedback.
- To develop and monitor progress against the Faculty of Arts Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework, which aligns with the goals of the University’s Learning for the Future Framework
- To obtain regular reports from all departments regarding compliance with University and Faculty policies, alignment with University and Faculty strategies and initiatives in the areas of learning and teaching.
- To establish working parties where needed to develop learning and teaching strategies, implementation plans and procedures.
- To establish and maintain procedures for communication to ensure that Faculty staff, Department learning and teaching committees, Faculty management, and the Senate Learning and Teaching Committee are informed of recommendations and initiatives
|Associate Dean Learning and Teaching [Chair]||Peter Keegan|
|Associate Dean Quality and Standards||Panos Vlachopoulos|
|Executive Officer||Laura Aubrey|
Faculty Professional Staff
|Officer of the Committee||Alice Maher|
|Student Services||Lynn Negus|
|Professional Staff Representative||Gai Ramesh|
|One Senior Learning Designer, Faculty of Arts Learning and Teaching Team (monthly rotation)||See here|
|Macquarie School of Education||Michael Cavanagh|
|Department of History and Archaeology||
|Department of Indigenous Studies||
|Macquarie Law School||Lise Barry|
|Department of Media, Communications, Creative Arts, Language and Literature||Jillian Kramer|
|Department of Philosophy||Jennifer Duke-Yonge|
|Department of Security Studies and Criminology||Yves Heng Lim|
|Macquarie School of Social Sciences||Sara Fuller|
|Careers||Lena Corzo Neisser|
|Higher Degree Research||
|Learning Enhancement||Amanda Parker|
|L&T Application Support||Jeremy Hind|