Setting up your Gradebook
In the Faculty of Arts, all marks are recorded in Gradebook. To make the process transparent and consistent for our students and foolproof for our teaching staff, we have developed a set of straightforward guidelines. If you follow these guidelines and refer to the troubleshooting steps, you can be confident that your Gradebook set-up experience will support your learning design, align with your unit’s learning activities and accurately reflect your students’ achievements.
- Every task as described in your unit guide must have a corresponding category in your Gradebook. A category is a folder for grade items and can do calculations for weighting.
- You should also include an Ungraded Items category set to zero weighting if you are using formative tasks such as quizzes.
- Each category must be:
- named the same as in the unit guide
- set to the weighting displayed in the unit guide.
- set to "simple weighted mean of grades" if no advanced calculations are needed.
- Every assessment tool used in iLearn must sit inside the corresponding category.
- If there is no iLearn assessment tool being used, a Grade Item should be added to the corresponding category.
|If your Gradebook total adds up to more than 100||
|If your mark is being calculated wrong||
|If your students cannot see their marks||
|I cant see where to add categories or grade items||
|How do I move items into a category?||
|I have a complex setup not covered by anything on this page||